Maxy AC Odike, MBBS, MSc, FMCPath, FICS, FCPath-ECSA.
University Professorship in Histopathology
Maxy AC Odike is a Professor in Histopathology at the Department of Pathology, College of Medicine, Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma and Edo State, Nigeria.
Editorial Consultant, Special Journal of Pathology.
Maxy AC Odike is one of the Editorial consultants, Special Journal of Pathology, Immunology, and Cancer -SJ-PIC. With his vast training and experience, Maxy AC Odike is bringing on board his three-pronged experience of University Professorship in Histopathology, Clinical Consultancy in Histopathology, and Bioethics expertise.
Our Editorial consultants are accomplished Research Dons at the top echelon of their career at the Universities, Research Institutions, Public and Private sectors, Industries, civil society organizations, and more…..They work with the Editor in Chief and the Editorial Committee to provide strategic leadership, unalloyed generation expert opinions reminiscent of the 22nd-century state of the art information technologies in the business of publishing with the ultimate goal of approving for publication only high-quality articles sure to be of interest to the audience of the Special Journal of Pathology.
This is one of the points that give the Special journal of Pathology a competitive advantage in the information crowded world. Maxy AC Odike is, therefore, one of the strengths with which, Special Journal of Pathology will compete with the bog old names to see the world is a better place to be
Clinical Consultancy in Histopathology
Maxy AC Odike is also a Consultant Histopathologist with 20 years of research and clinical consultancy experience at the Irrau Specialist Teaching Hospital, In Edo State, Nigeria
Chair, Bioethics committee
Maxy AC Odike is the Chairman of the Irrau Specialist Teaching Hospital Human Research and Ethics Committee, (ISTH-HREC), Irrua in Edo State, Nigeria.
Selected publication of Maxy AC Odike
- Asogun DA, Adomeh DI, Ehimuan J, Odia I, Hass M, Gabriel M, Olschläger S, Becker-Ziaja B, Folarin O, Phelan E, Ehiane PE, Ifeh VE, Uyigue EA, Oladapo YT, Muoebonam EB, Osunde O, Dongo A, Okokhere PO, Okogbenin SA, Momoh M, Alikah SO, Akhuemokhan OC, Imomeh P, Odike MA, Gire S, Andersen K, Sabeti PC, Happi CT, Akpede GO, Günther S. Molecular diagnostics for lassa fever at Irrua specialist teaching hospital, Nigeria: lessons learnt from two years of laboratory operation. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2012;6(9):e1839. doi: 10.1371/journal.pntd.0001839. Epub 2012 Sep 27. PMID: 23029594; PMCID: PMC3459880.
- IV Onyiaorah, CO Ukah, DCD Anyiam, MAC Odike, ICA Oyeka, Effect of remedial measures on inadequacies in the completion of laboratory request forms by clinicians, Clinical Audit 2012, 4, 9-14
- Izunya AM, 1Nwaopara AO, 1Anyanwu LC, Odike MAC, 1Oaikhena GA, 3Bankole JK, 4Okhiai O Effect of chronic oral administration of chloroquine on the histology of the heart in Wistar rats, Biology and Medicine, 3 (4): 01-06, 2011
- A.M. Izunya, A.O. Nwaopara, A. Aigbiremolen, M.A.C. Odike, G.A. Oaikhena, J.K. Bankole and P.A. Ogarah, Morphological and Biochemical Effects of Crude Aqueous Extract of Mangifera indica L. (Mango) Stem Bark on the Liver in Wistar Rats Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology, (5): Page No: 460-465
- A.M. Izunya, A.O. Nwaopara, A. Aigbiremolen, M.A.C. Odike, G.A. Oaikhena, J.K. Bankole, and P.A. Ogarah, . Morphological and Biochemical Effects of Crude Aqueous Extract of Mangifera indica L. (Mango) Stem Bark on the Liver in Wistar Rats. Research Journal of Applied Sciences, , 2-1-, (5): Page No: 460-465
- AM Izunya, AO Nwaopara, AE Aigbiremolen, MAC Odike, GA Oaikhena, JK Bankole. Histological studies of the toxicity of artesunate on the testes in Wistar rats Biology and Medicine, 2 (2): 49-56, 2010
- Gabriel U Chianakwana Maxy A C Odike Alexander M E Nwofor, Problems and prospects of managing thoracic aortic aneurysm at the Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital, Nnewi, Nigeria. World J Surg 2004 Mar 17;28(3):288-90. Epub 2004 Feb 17. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00268-003-7273-4
- A. Nggada, Maxy A.C. Odike, Ba Ojo, Gestational trophoblastic diseases in Nigeria: a multicentered, histopathological study, · Medicine, · 2006 (First Publication: 24 May 2006).
- J. O. Eigbefoh, J Abebe, Maxy A.C. Odike, Peter A Isabu, Protein/Creatinine Ratio In Random Urine Specimens For Quantitation Of Proteinuria In Pre-Eclampsia, · Medicine, · 2006 (First Publication: 31 December 2006)
- Gabriel U. Chianakwana, Maxy A.C. Odike, Alexander M.E. Nwofor, Gestational trophoblastic diseases in Nigeria: a multicentered, histopathological study, · Medicine World journal of surgery, · 2004 (First Publication: 1 March 2004)
- ODIKE, MAC. ODIKE, M. APELEOKHA, K. MBANEFO, Coffee-induced hypertension in a Nigerian medical worker: an unusual case, Indian Journal of Basic and Applied Medical Research; September 2018: Vol.-7, Issue- 4, P. 111-115